Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Canning and Pepper Soup Options


I was really happy with the way the Roasted Red Pepper Bisque turned out the other day, and we still had tons and tons of peppers, so yesterday i made up some more (about three times the amount) for canning. I just left out the coconut milk, and did everything else the same, then canned it into 6 quart jars in the pressure cooker.
However, I did have some left over that wouldn't make an entire jar full, so I used that as the base of another soup which turned out great, too.

All I did was saute some diced peppers, and then add that and some cooked black beans and some frozen corn. Also, I spiced it up with some Sriracha.

The soup was served with tortilla chips and some homemade salsa my friends had canned last summer. A nice southwestern-ish meal, on a very cold, snowy December night.

1 comment:

nataliemma said...

That bisque looks amazing.