Sunday, June 14, 2009

broccoli burger

The other day we had some broccoli on the verge of going limp, so i was trying to think of something good to do with it. Well, somehow i got in my head that a broccoli burger might be a good idea.

So here it is, crazy, and not really burger-like, but actually tasty. It's really sort of like a korean vegetable pancake, just, you know, on a bun. Here's the break-down:

I steamed my broccoli for eight minutes-ish. then cut it into tiny little bits. This broccoli i mixed with one egg and enough flour to make the egg not runny, but battery (batter-like, that is, not a duracell). I added some salt and pepper to the batter too.

Then i just heated up some oil in my frying pan and put in a couple burgers worth of broccoli stuff. Then end product was tasty, and very filling. Lots of nutrition from the broccoli, and some protein from the egg. I made a spicy mayo (mayo, sour cream, chili powder, sriracha, salt) to put on my toasted bun, and through some dark green leaf on there (i don't really know what it was, not spinach, maybe some sort of lettuce). I wish we had tomatoes.

You know what the problem with the world is? Tomatoes and lettuce don't come at the same time. I've got all these greens right now, but by the time the tomatoes are ripe, it'll be too hot for my greens to grow. Someday i'll find a magical variety of tomatoes that will grow when it's colder.

No comments: